It's the final week leading into the third and final Saturn-Uranus square of this year - the most dominant energy of 2021, and it's exact on Christmas Eve.
The third and final square in a series of three is the one that brings resolution, one way or another, and this particular planetary situation, as we already know, is a tricky bit of business.
Below are five tips for working with the energies at play this week.
First, a little about the energy of this year's Saturn-Uranus square.
All of this year, Saturn in Aquarius has been challenging Uranus in Taurus via a square - a challenging aspect that features an intersection of two energies at an impasse.
Saturn transits last about two and a half years, and Saturn entered Aquarius in March of 2020. (Yes, that date connects with the timing of pandemic lock down for many of us.) Saturn traditionally rules both Capricorn and Aquarius, and in modern astrology, Uranus rules Aquarius, so this strengthens the Aquarian theme for 2021 all the way around. Aquarius is the sign of the collective, of community, of humanitarianism, innovation, and the future. Wherever Saturn is transiting, we experience a slow down and contraction. Saturn is the planet of karma, limits, and boundaries, so during Saturn's transit of a sign we can experience karmic endings and restructuring in our lives.
When Saturn in Aquarius challenges Uranus in Taurus for an entire year, we can expect pressure from competing energies that ultimately creates something entirely new.
Saturn represents tradition, rules, authority, the big systems already in place, the past, limits, and boundaries. Uranus represents innovation, liberation, breaking loose from the status quo, the future, change, disruption, upheaval, and revelation. Aquarius is about the future, and hopes and dreams, but it is also about both the collective well-being and each person's right to individuality. Taurus is about how we feel secure and enjoy our day to day lives through the five senses.
We have seen disruption to our sense of security and how we enjoy daily life with Uranus in Taurus in recent years, and Saturn into Aquarius and the pandemic only amplified that trend. It is clear that everything is different now and we are being asked to find new ways of experiencing Taurean energy in our lives - new ways of feeling materially secure, new ways of socializing, new ways of shopping, even new ways of buying groceries and enjoying meals.
But Saturn in Aquarius squaring up to Uranus in Taurus all year has plainly said, "not so fast." We needed to build a better foundation first. We needed to slow down and not cut corners.
All year, we've been working something out between the past and future, tradition and innovation, and restriction and liberation. We've been working on a new foundation for the future we are stepping into, and new rules to go with it.
Working with this week's build to the Saturn-Uranus climax December 24th.
1. Keep healthy boundaries and take and give plenty of space this week and weekend. This is the number one thing, because we are talking about Uranus (space) versus Saturn (boundaries). We may be feeling like we don't want to be "alone," but at the same time aren't feeling very social/tolerant of others. This is Saturn in square. Saturn can bring up isolation as well as fear of being alone. Uranus on the other hand wants to do its own thing and wants nothing to do with tradition or status quo. The answer is healthy boundaries and plenty of space.
2. Along those same lines, make sure you take the space you need when you need it. If we don't get ourselves the space, personal time, and rest we need, we may find ourselves in a situation where spirit does it for us, by blowing something up or inviting in an illness to force us to slow down and take it easy.
3. With Saturn in square to loner Uranus, this isn't a time to expect a lot of warm, fuzzy connection. It is a perfect time for sinking into and relishing alone time and solitude and doing your own thing with flare.
4. Practice acceptance and allowance, and showing up and holding space for yourself and others. Try not to force or demand. Stay flexible. Tune into what is wanting to happen and what isn't and try to be in the flow. Remember that everyone is feeling this urge to break free and the restriction of not being able to have what they want in some way. Try showing up with grace and compassion, and the knowledge that this is shifting after Christmas weekend and 2022 will be much more supportive and expansive.
5. Think in terms of new rules and new traditions instead of trying to force things into an old mold or doggedly do things "the way we've always done them."
This is the Art of Consciously Creating Life.
As an ambassador for Consciously Creating Life, Kasey serves as an advocate of the magic that exists in this life and in each and every one of us. She is a champion of the journey to access our own powerful magic by returning home to ourselves and reclaiming the thrones of our hearts as sovereign rulers of our realms, through practicing the Art of Consciously Creating Life.
Join us in The Art of Consciously Creating Life group on Facebook for daily insight and inspiration!
SIGN UP BELOW to receive my weekly update on the astrological weather. Make the most of every day by knowing what energies are at play.